Somewhat like Georgia Tech, it’s a little hard to pick out Virginia’s best NBA players, but we’ll give it a shot.
- Ralph Sampson – well there’s no question here. If his knees had held up he’d have had an amazing NBA career. It was pretty damn good as it was.
- Malcolm Brogdon – Coach K called it – he said Brogdon was going to be a pro. We’re not sure about this, but he might be the only second round pick to be Rookie of the Year.
- Bryant Stith – Just a solid, smart player. We loved him.
- Olden Polynice – He was a very solid player at Virginia and had a good if not spectacular NBA career. In his prime he could have helped any team.
- De’Andre Hunter – It might be a little soon to nominate a guy who was best known for being the victim of Zion Williamson’s most astounding block, but he’s emerging as a guy who is highly desirable. It’s still early but he’s going to be good.